ABOUT THE POSITION
The Policy and Projects Officer works with and under the supervision of the Policy and Development Director to deliver projects and activities which support the youth sector in the ACT. This position aims to provide support to existing team members who work across policy, sector development, projects and communications. This provides the opportunity to engage in and build experience across a range of the Youth Coalition’s areas of work.
With support and supervision, and as part of the Youth Coalition team, this role will:
- Coordinate the management and delivery of forums, networks and training for professionals and services supporting young people in the ACT.
- Prepare communications on behalf of the Youth Coalition team.
- Organise, plan and write minutes at meetings.
- Organise, plan and assist in the delivery of key Youth Coalition events.
- Support the development and implementation of youth participation strategies.
- Assist with social policy development and research activities.
Other duties may include:
- Assist with representation and advocacy on external committees, forums, events and working groups.
- Monitor media and other information networks, to inform policy analysis and development.
- Contribute to organisational reporting requirement and evaluation activities.
- Other tasks as agreed, at the direction of the Policy and Development Director.