Wear It Purple Small Grants Project
We encourage students to develop events, activities or other ways of marking Wear it Purple Day within their school. To assist in doing this, SAIS and Youth Coalition are providing ten small grants of $200 (plus GST if applicable) to help fund student led, ACT school based activities to mark Wear it Purple Day 2019.
There are no limits to the type of event or activity you could propose – we encourage creative and new ideas as well as things that you know have worked in the past. Some ideas might include:
- Guest speaker presentation, lunchtime discussion group
- Peer support and/or ally networking event
- Finding out what students think about safety, support and acceptance within their school
- Film screening, video or art based projects
- Fundraising for LGBTIQ resources and/or groups within or outside your school
- Any other kind of event or activity that you think would work well in your school
Applications for funding must be submitted using this online form by Friday 5th July 2019 (last day of Term 2).
The proposed Wear it Purple Day event must:
- be student-led and school approved
- be registered with WIP website
Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 22nd July (first day of Term 3) and will receive their grant money by Monday 12th August
All projects receiving funding must:
- Acknowledge support from SAIS and Youth Coalition on any promotional materials
- Provide an invitation to SAIS & Youth Co to attend the event
- Provide photographic/digital media and/or brief written report on event, including information such as the number of people who participated, examples of any feedback received and/or amount of funds raised (if a fundraising activity). These should be provided before the end of Term 3 2019.
Wear it Purple Day will be held this year on Friday 30th August – it’s a day that has been celebrated since 2010 and aims to foster supportive, safe and accepting environments for rainbow young people.
IMPORTANT: In order to receive your approved grant funds, you will need to ensure that your school issues a valid tax invoice no later than Monday 5th August.
This form is designed to be completed in 5-10 minutes – we just want to get a brief idea of what you are proposing, what you hope to achieve, and who will be involved in making it happen.
If you’d like to discuss any part of your project or grant application, you can contact us via email: [email protected]