The Youth Coalition is a membership-based organisation. Our members include young people, youth workers, service providers, youth programs, mutual support and self-help groups as well as other interested individuals. Membership is open to organisations and individuals who agree with the Youth Coalition’s objectives.
Opportunities are provided for members to share information, network, access resources, contribute to policy development, and participate in representing in the best interests of young people and youth service providers.
Why Become a Member?
With the many changes to policy, funding and services for young people both at a local and national level, it is vitally important that young people and the diverse sector that works to support them are represented to have a voice and role in actively shaping the ACT community.
The Youth Coalition takes a collaborative approach to the development of all our activities and highly values the close relationship we have with our members.
Membership of the Youth Coalition also has a range of other benefits including:
- Discounted venue hire of the Youth Coalition’s meeting rooms
- Opportunities to input into the Youth Coalition’s policy development
- Eligibility for involvement in the Board
- Subscription to the Youth Coalition’s eBulletin
- Access to professional development and other activities at discounted rates
- Access to extensive networks to promote your organisation’s events and activities and hear about other organisations
- Ability to be represented to Government
- Individual member support
There are three types of membership of the Youth Coalition: organisational, associate, and individual
Click here to download the Youth Coalition’s Constitution.
To become a Youth Coalition member, or renew your membership, please email [email protected]
Click here if you are interested in becoming a member of the Youth Worker Practice Network, a community of practice for frontline youth workers in the ACT and surrounding region. Please note that this is separate from individual/organisational membership of the Youth Coalition of the ACT.