We are now inviting feedback on the Code of Ethical Practice from the youth sector.
Please read the entire document, and then you are invited to provide feedback. All comments are welcome, and the advisory group will give due consideration to all viewpoints expressed.
You can provide feedback through the following mechanisms:
- Provide written feedback online at www.youthcoalition.net/ethics-feedback
Online feedback will close at midday on Monday 23 May
- Attend an in person feedback session
Thursday 5 May 9:30 – 11:30am
- Attend an online feedback session
Friday 6 May 10 – 11:30am | Tues 17 May 10 – 11:30am | Thursday 19 May 1:30 – 3pm
If you have any questions about this project, please contact Hannah Watts on email@example.com
About the Code of Ethical Practice
Over the last 12 months, a group of experienced youth workers from across the ACT Youth Sector have been working on a project to redevelop the ACT Youth Work Code of Ethical Practice.
The existing Code of Ethics was last updated in May 2007. This new version reflects the growth and development of the youth sector, demonstrated by changes in language used, and the theoretical frameworks and understanding that underpins what youth work is, and how youth workers engage with and support young people.
The Code of Ethical Practice Project involves a number of steps:
- Establish advisory group to research and prepare draft ethical statements (completed)
- Consult with an initial group of youth workers for initial feedback, and develop case studies (completed)
- Finalise a draft Code of Ethical Practice document (completed)
- Distribute the draft Code of Ethical Practice to the entire youth sector for feedback, further consultation & review (we are here)
- Incorporate feedback, and finalise the Code of Ethical Practice (May/June 2022)
- Prepare additional supporting documentation (May/June 2022)
- Launch the new ACT Youth Work Code of Ethical Practice (June/July 2022)
- Run information sessions for youth workers & employers of youth workers (second half of 2022)
- Run training for Youth Workers focused on implementation of the Code of Ethics (second half of 2022, ongoing – subject to funding)